tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L " <barry.l.pro...@citi.com>
Subject RE: JNDIRealm - how to display login exceptions/error msg within form-error-page when using Form based authentication?
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2008 16:43:10 GMT
even for my antiquated version, Chuck? 4.1.36?

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com]
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 11:17 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: JNDIRealm - how to display login exceptions/error msg
within form-error-page when using Form based authentication?

> From: Propes, Barry L [mailto:barry.l.propes@citi.com]
> Subject: RE: JNDIRealm - how to display login
> exceptions/error msg within form-error-page when using Form
> based authentication?
>
> I believe you can only set one standard error page in the XML
> file, if I'm not mistaken, at least of the specific web app itself.

No, you can have a separate error page for each status or exception
value in each webapp.  See section 9.9 of the servlet spec.

> But one thing I did was flag for a specific exception to be
> caught, and if this matched, ran an out.println series of
> statements to the browser indicating to the users the problem.

That's the appropriate thing to do, using <error-page> and
<exception-type> declarations in WEB-INF/web.xml of the webapp.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.