tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "David Brown" <captki...@gmail.com>
Subject Are there issues with running multiple instances of tomcat?
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2008 11:00:10 GMT
We are currently running two instances of tomcat on our systems. One is for
a vendor specific application and the other is for in-house written
applications. We are careful to make sure the ports do not conflict and
there are plenty of resources to support both; memory and CPU.

Recently the statement has been made that the two instances can conflict
with each other and cause issues and instability with the applications.

 Is this true? I was under the impression that since they are in their own
JVM's neither tomcat would have any affect on the other. If there are issues
in what form may they take place?