tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: SEVERE: Error listenerStart
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2008 03:53:35 GMT
> From: Ralph.Grothe@itdz-berlin.de
> [mailto:Ralph.Grothe@itdz-berlin.de]
> Subject: RE: SEVERE: Error listenerStart
>
> Btw, I discovered a copy of "Inside Servlets, 2nd Ed." by Dustin
> R. Callaway which appeared in 2001 and seems to cover the 2.2 or
> 2.3 Servlet Specs.

That's from back in the dark ages - throw it in the fireplace.  The
newer specs are largely upward compatible with the older ones, but both
Java and the servlet containers (e.g., Tomcat) have evolved mightily
since then.

> I am not that long around in the IT and I haven't got a
> Computer Sciences background to know this but instead got
> my theoretical education in Naval Architecture,

That's o.k., my degree's in Mechanical Engineering, from back before
there were any viable CS curricula.  Speaking of Naval Architecture,
this was around the time Admiral Grace Hopper retired from the Navy the
second (but not last) time; look her up if the name doesn't ring a bell.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.