tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: TC6 classpath problem...
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 22:45:32 GMT
> From: Nathan Wilhelmi [mailto:wilhelmi@ucar.edu]
> Subject: TC6 classpath problem...
>
> to get apps to run we have to list the entire contents
> of $CATALINA_HOME/lib/ as part of the classpath value

Did you know that setting CLASSPATH to anything when starting Tomcat is
a capital offense?

Really, get rid of the CLASSPATH variable; it must not be used with
Tomcat, and should not be used with any Java environment beyond 1.0.
The Tomcat startup scripts take care of establishing the necessary
paths.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.