tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: where to put config file in a webapp
Date Wed, 02 Apr 2008 11:47:04 GMT
> From: Kimberly Begley [mailto:kimberly.lewis@gmail.com]
> Subject: where to put config file in a webapp
>
> Currently it is in WEB-INF

Normally, such a properties or config file would be placed in
WEB-INF/classes, and accessed via ServletContext.getResourceAsStream().

> I read online that I could put the entry in the web.xml file?

See section 4 of the Servlet Spec, in particular the
ServletContext.getInitParameter() API, then look at the Tomcat doc for
where to set them:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/config/context.html#Context%20Pa
rameters

 - Chuck