tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat on AMD64 System
Date Tue, 01 Apr 2008 12:57:59 GMT
> From: Alexander Diedler [mailto:ADiedler@tecracer.de]
> Subject: Tomcat on AMD64 System
>
> replace the Tomcat5.exe but I have a Tomcat 6 Version

You don't have to recompile; just get the tomcat5.exe and tomcat5w.exe files for AMD64 and
rename them, replacing the 5 with a 6 in each file.  They're located here:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/connectors/trunk/procrun/bin/

> After JRE and JDK Installation the Command java
> -version doesn´t work.

Sounds like your JVM installation didn't go properly. Sun's installer registers the last public
JRE as the default, so try reinstalling just the 64-bit version.  You should probably remove
the 32-bit one first.

> The Tomcat Installer doesn´t found automatically
> the fitted JRE...

Another indication that the JRE installation did not complete properly.

> The Tomcat server doesn´t start and in Logfile is
> a message like "This 32Bit Application does not
> ran on 64 Bit"

Are you sure that's what it says?  I was under the impression that came out when trying to
run a 32-bit service, which means you haven't really updated the tomcat6.exe file.

Unfortunately, I have no 64-bit Windows systems here to play with.

 - Chuck