tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kanako Shimizu <kan...@jb4.so-net.ne.jp>
Subject Re:Tomcat6.0.16 is too easily to be OutOfMemory compared with Tomcat5.5
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2008 11:51:38 GMT

Thank you for replying.

-Xms and -Xmx were 256MB. I changed 512MB but the result was same.

As session in implicit object in JSP ,
if I don't set <% session.invalidate();%>, sessions will create.

The jsp which I used the test isn't set <% session.invalidate();%>.
So I thought sessions were created.
Is my thought wrong?

I did the same test as Tomcat5.5 with that jsp.
The test was completed finished atTomcat5.5  but Tomcat 6.0.16 iwasn't.
So I thougft it is strange .

Instead of Apache Bench, Next I tried the Performance Center.(one of the load test tool)

That  added 1 virtual user per 10 secs.
Only 30 virtual users, OutOfMemory was occured at Tomcat6.0.16,
but Tomcat 5.5.26 was 270 virtual users!

I want to know this behavior is defaut in Tomcat6.0 or I had a mistake configurations.

> Chuck
I put the file path to appBase and deleted errorReportValveClass.

Thanks.

--
Kanako Shimizu <kana-s@jb4.so-net.ne.jp>