tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Arkanin <>
Subject Using tomcat with MYSQL
Date Sun, 20 Apr 2008 19:17:29 GMT

Hi guys,

I'm having some trouble getting MYSQL to work on a tomcat server. Here are
the details:

I am using MyEclipse workbench to code a JSP file. I installed MySQL 5.0 on
my local machine. I then put the JDBC code to link MySQL and JDBC on my
local host. I then wrote a test program to populate and print entries just
to make sure that my JSP can talk to my MySQL DB. It uses
com.mysql.jdbc.driver as a driver, and tries to log in as root / <password>.

It works on my local machine just fine. As it stands, when loaded on my
server, though, it throws an exception that I am almost certain is due to it
not being able to find some MYSQL-related file, perhaps a MYSQL database
file that I need to put somewhere, or a user access configuration? I really
don't know what I am doing here, so if any of you can provide me with some
sort of tutorial about how to export a MYSQL database from my local machine
to a Tomcat server, and then set up access priveleges and otherwise get it
working, it would be appreciated.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: