tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Daniel J Hulme <djhu...@gmail.com>
Subject Permissions of File Created by Tomcat
Date Sun, 20 Apr 2008 14:24:25 GMT

Hi,

I'm running a WebService using Tomcat 5.5 on Ubuntu 7.10 with Axis2.

Files (and directories) are created by this service on a local directory:

/myfiles/

The permission of the new directories and files in this directory are:

Directories: 		'drwxr-xr-x 2 tomcat55 nogroup  4096'
Files:			'-rw-r--r-- 1 tomcat55 nogroup 10041'

The problem is, is I want to access (write) these files using, say, a java
application, it give me:

 java.io.FileNotFoundException: /myfiles/aDir/aFile.txt (Permission denied)

How can I either:

1.Gain write access to these files (without having to constantly change the
permissions in the command prompt, and without running my java application
with 'root' access).

2.Create the files/dirs from tomcat with 'write access'

3.Other....

Thanking you in advance.

Daniel