tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ar5eNiC <ntrec...@gmail.com>
Subject Java application getting tomcat's home directory.
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 21:33:41 GMT

Hello,

I am currently on a team developing a web interface that allows the user to
click drop downs to change content in an html page. We are calling our java
methods using a JSP page. One of our java methods needs to access a file
that is in our projects folder under webapps. We cannot use relative paths
because they change depending on where tomcat is started from. We also would
perfer to not use the CATALINA_HOME environment variable, even though it
would be the best solution. Is there any other way we'd be able to get
tomcat's home directory from a java program?

Thanks in advance.