tomcat-users mailing list archives

From quikpak <quik...@sltnet.lk>
Subject Re: deployment questions
Date Fri, 28 Mar 2008 08:12:24 GMT
i dont want tomcat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
im not a member of it!! dont send me emails hereafter...
if im a member send me emails,but im not a member.

Best Regards
Ajmal

----- Original Message -----
From: "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2008 8:36 AM
Subject: RE: deployment questions

> From: Kimberly Begley [mailto:kimberly.lewis@gmail.com]
> Subject: deployment questions
>
> 1) make a war file of my web app directory

Yes.

> 2) add a context entry to the server.xml file on the remote
> server

Unless you're deploying on an ancient version of Tomcat (you didn't
bother to tell us), definitely not.  Your <Context> element belongs in
your webapp's META-INF/context.xml file, if you need one at all.  Note
that path and docBase attributes are not allowed in <Context> elements
in this circumstance.  Read the doc:

> 3) copy the war file to the remote server tomcat/webapp directory

That's usually webapps, not webapp.

> 4) stop and start tomcat on the remote server

Usually not necessary, unless autoDeploy is disabled.

> But then what is the process to see it online?

The name of the .war file is the name of the webapp, so you reference it
via a URL like:
http://<hostDNSname>[:port]/<appName>

If Tomcat on the remote host is configured to use port 80, you omit that
from the URL, of course.  If the host has no DNS entry, use its IP
address.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.