tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James Ellis <ellisj...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Clustering In Production
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2008 13:53:10 GMT

Filip,

Sorry for the confusion.  I am testing this on my local machine at the moment.  I am assuming
in an environment with multiple machines I'd have the actual IP address of the machine here
correct?

How about my settings for following:
- channelSendOptions
- NioReceiver maxThreads
- McastService frequency and dropTime

Anything terribly wrong for a production environment?

Thanks,
Jim

> Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 20:47:39 -0700
> From: devlists@hanik.com
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Clustering In Production
>
> address="127..."
>
> this means you have two tomcat instances on the same machine?
> is this what you want?
>
> Filip
>
> James Ellis wrote:
> > I am new to Tomcat 6 (upgrading from Tomcat 4) and I would love to benefit from
the features of clustering.  However, I am concerned about performance.  Are people successfully
using the clustering features of Tomcat 6 in production?  If so, are your settings a lot different
than mine:

> > <Cluster className="org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster" channelSendOptions="8"
>                      <Manager className="org.apache.catalina.ha.session.DeltaManager"
expireSessionsOnShutdown="false" notifyListenersOnReplication="true"/>
     <Channel className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.GroupChannel">
      <Membership className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.membership.McastService"
                       address="228.0.0.4"                              port="45564"
                        frequency="500"                              dropTime="3000"/>
                 <Receiver className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.NioReceiver"
                           address="127.0.0.1"                             port="4010"
                        autoBind="100"                            selectorTimeout="5000"
                          maxThreads="6"/>                        <Sender className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.ReplicationTransmitter">
                   <Transport className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.transport.nio.PooledParallelSender"/>
                 </Sender>                  <Interceptor className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.TcpFailureDetector"/>
                 <Interceptor className="org.apache.catalina.tribes.group.interceptors.MessageDispatch15Interceptor"/>
               </Channel>                      <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.ha.tcp.ReplicationValve"
filter=""/>                <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.ha.session.JvmRouteBinderValve"/>
                     <ClusterListener className="org.apache.catalina.ha.session.JvmRouteSessionIDBinderListener"/>
               <ClusterListener className="org.apache.catalina.ha.session.ClusterSessionListener"/>
       </Cluster>

> > I'd love to hear any performance tips people have.
> >
> > Thanks,Jim

PM