tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chad Lehman <>
Subject Problems Configuring SSL / JSSE
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2008 01:38:10 GMT

Tomcat 6.0.14 serves HTTP just fine. HTTPS isn't working; eventually the request times out
(Firefox) with the message "The Connection Was Interrupted". The dialog describing the certificate
never comes up.

I've done the .keystore stuff as outlined in the docs. Created the self-signed certificate.
Removed the comment tags from this relevant part of server.xml:

All that was done is adding the "keystoreFile" and "keystorePass" attributes. The .keystore
file is in my user directory (Windows Vista).

Errors come back when reloading the context or restarting Tomcat:

SEVERE: Error initializing socket factory
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Can't find any SSL implementation...

This application is being deployed through Eclipse (Europa), on Windows Vista.

I've looked all over/searched the mailing list archives/ and not found anything
that goes solves the issue.

Thank you for any help.

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail: