tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chad Lehman <icbi...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Problems Configuring SSL / JSSE
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2008 03:42:00 GMT

> Subject: RE: Problems Configuring SSL / JSSE
> Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 21:15:56 -0600
> From: Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com
> To: users@tomcat.apache.org
>
>> From: Chad Lehman [mailto:icbiass@hotmail.com]
>> Subject: RE: Problems Configuring SSL / JSSE
>>
>> The version is Java HotSpot Client VM 1.6.0_03-b05 (according
>> to java -version).
>
> That definitely has JSSE built in. Whatever you downloaded is for a
> much older JRE level, and most likely is the cause of the exceptions
> you're now seeing. Get back to where you were, and look in the logs for
> the real problem.

Chuck,

Thank you for all the help so far. I undid the previous step. Back to square one. In the console
window of Eclipse there's this:

INFO: The Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal performance in production environments
was not found on the java.library.path...

Otherwise, the logs don't appear to be generated when Tomcat is run from Eclipse.

Additionally, there's this:

INFO: Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-443
Mar 1, 2008 8:19:35 PM org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket init

...which indicates that Tomcat is being told to start a Connector on 443, doesn't it? That
comes after the exceptions are listed in the log.

---
When I browse jasper.jar, I see that org.apache.jk is an empty package. Could that be a problem?
Additionally, I tried to put "import org.apache.jk.server;" into a dummy servlet, and Eclipse
complained that it could not be resolved (found). Could that be what's wrong?

Chad