tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chad Lehman <>
Subject RE: Problems Configuring SSL / JSSE
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2008 02:43:31 GMT

Thanks again. I must've been blind the first time I set this up, because I didn't see the
part about the JSSE extensions being installed. They weren't.
However, I went and downloaded them, unzipped the .jars into the %JAVA_HOME%\jre\lib\ext directory,
and am coming up with new errors:

INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-80
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.load(
    at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(
Caused by: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
    at sun.text.normalizer.NormalizerBase.decompose(
    at sun.text.normalizer.NormalizerBase$NFKDMode.normalize(
    at sun.text.normalizer.NormalizerBase.normalize(
    at sun.text.normalizer.NormalizerBase.normalize(
    at java.text.Normalizer.normalize(
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: could not locate data
    at sun.text.normalizer.NormalizerImpl.<clinit>(
    ... 53 more