tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alan Chaney <a...@compulsivecreative.com>
Subject Tomcat 6 and placing jars in $CATALINA_HOME/lib
Date Wed, 26 Mar 2008 20:09:31 GMT
We are using tomcat 6.0.16 with a jdk 1.6. I have a number of web
applications which use, for example, spring and hibernate. Is there any
reason why these jars (and their dependencies) should not be placed in
$CATALINA_HOME/lib? It would save a lot of time uploading new releases
of my own applications to my servers.

 From my reading of the docs there could be a potential problem if there
is a conflict between existing classes in the TC distribution and the
jars I would put in the 'lib'. What's the recommended practice?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Alan Chaney