tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Aseem Rastogi <as...@india.tejasnetworks.com>
Subject Context Descriptor file not created
Date Tue, 25 Mar 2008 12:40:28 GMT
Hi All,

I am using tomcat version 5.5.25. I am deploying my application
statically i.e.:

1. I untar tomcat tgz file.
2. Copy myapp.war in webapps/ directory.
3. Start tomcat using BootStrap class.

I am able to access my application through its URL now BUT there is no
Context Descriptor created for this. I did a find for context.xml and
esm.xml (esm is name for my application) but no results. Following link

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/deployer-howto.html

says that a context descriptor is always created if it doesn't already
exists.

Am I doing something wrong here ?

I am also facing some problem with application reloading. I have
followed exactly following sequence:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/appdev/processes.html

But when I change some JSP and reload using ant task, it doesn't
reflect. Also, tomcat seems to have created a local copy of all files in
its webapps/ directory. Do I need to do something else in addition to
what is described here ?

Thanks,

-Aseem.

--
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."  -- Mark
Twain