tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Moore <...@microps.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat to Apache connection dies
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 21:10:40 GMT
Caldarale, Charles R wrote:
>> From: John Moore [mailto:jbm@microps.com]
>> Subject: Re: Tomcat to Apache connection dies
>>
>> Ok, I assume you mean the APR connector is the mod_jk.so
>> which is on the Apache side only.. ?
>>

> No - the APR connector is a replacement for the pure Java HTTP/AJP ones
> on the Tomcat side.

Ok, now I'm confused...

Please be patient, but in all the years past I would compile a connector
for mod_jk.so that is placed in the ../apache/modules directory then I
would add the following to the server.xml,

Server container

<Listener className="org.apache.jk.config.ApacheConfig"
    modJk="/usr/local/apache/modules/mod_jk.so" />

Host container

<Listener className="org.apache.jk.config.ApacheConfig"
        append="true"
    forwardAll="false"
    modJk="/usr/local/apache/modules/mod_jk.so" />

... and I would be up and running.. (and would touch nothing else..)

So.. given that, what "connector" am I using ??

Thank you for your patience..

John..