tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alan Chaney <a...@compulsivecreative.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat on Leopard
Date Sun, 16 Mar 2008 03:58:51 GMT
I'd guess that you copied the text in the tutorial using an editor which
converted it to an RTF
(Rich Text Format). The text you show in your email  is rtf markup.

The startup_tomcat file is a shell script which is setting the following
environment variables

JAVA_HOME   - where you have installed our java sdk
JRE_HOME - the java runtime
CATALINA_HOME - the location of your tomcat files

You can set these 'by hand' by typing the lines in at the command line.
Its better to set them in the .bashrc file.

Hope that helps