tomcat-users mailing list archives

From david delbecq <delbd+jaka...@oma.be>
Subject Re: Configuring DataSourceRealm using Oracle
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 21:12:02 GMT
What is in the web.xml is not tomcat specific. The "realm" you see in
web.xml is related to the notion of realm used by http protocol, that is
a string showed to user when the login with http basic authentification,
and which server for browser to seperate login in different "realms" for
a same server (eg an admin realm, a shopping realm, a clerk realms)

The link between a webapplication and a tomcat realm (that is, a source
for users passwords and roles) is done in a context.xml file, which is
tomcat specific. The file can be either located in META-INF/context.xml
in your webapp for auto configuration or be put manually in tomcat
config (conf/Catalina/<host>/<webapp>.xml)