tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Konstantin Kolinko" <knst.koli...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help on Tomcat configurations
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2008 00:30:19 GMT
>  -Problem:
>  when I try to access using other computer, I typed
>  http://192.168.0.1/webapplication/login.jsp, error page occured.
>  where ip address is address of machine where Tomcat is installed.
> (Page cannot be displayed -- from IE 6.0)

If you are using Windows XP SP2 or something later, it includes
"Windows Firewall", that blocks external connections to your computer.
You should enable external TCP connections to the port 80 of your
computer.

>  -Help:
>  Do i need to configure some things on Tomcat? or I did some thing stupid? How can i
> change Ip address to something customized like http://ryan.com/webapplication/login.jsp
> ?
>  -my webapplication is private use only. (intranet)

Learn more about DNS.

If you have more than ~10 intranet clients, configure a DNS server.