tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: ProxyPaths and mod_proxy_ajp
Date Wed, 05 Mar 2008 16:00:46 GMT
Seems to me you are using Apache as a front-end to
TC. In which case you are telling Apache that whatever is
under /examples should be handled by TC, everything else
is local... Right so far?

If so, then you for SURE do not what to configure Apache
as a forward proxy, which is what you are doing with the
ProxyRequests On directive. For a simple reverse proxy
you should make sure that Apache is not also a forward
one as well... checkout

     http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html#forwardreverse