tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: TomCat Does not recognize my servelt
Date Sun, 02 Mar 2008 22:48:29 GMT
> From: Mark Thomas [mailto:markt@apache.org]
> Subject: Re: TomCat Does not recognize my servelt
>
> As per the servlet spec, your class *must* be in a package.

Actually, there's no such requirement in the servlet spec, but there is
a restriction in the JSP spec (section 11.2) that  precludes use of the
unnamed package (although that doesn't apply in the OP's case).  This is
due to a change in the Java language as of JDK 1.4, which prohibits
imports from the unnamed package.

Even so, it's not a good idea to use packageless classes, regardless of
whether or not you can.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.