tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Richard Dunne <richarddunne1...@yahoo.com>
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 17:09:00 GMT
I have tomcat 6 installed on my machine.  My localhost variable is
c:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0\webapps\ROOT
When I type http://localhost, instead of getting the Tomcat Homepage "index", I get the "It
Works" page.
I am wondering why this page renders when there is only one HTML page in the ROOT directory,
which is index.  Secondly, when I do navigate to the Tomcat Homepage, I am unable to view
the Servlet and JSP examples "Internet Explorer cannot display the Webpage".
What extra configuration do I need to be able to view the Tomcat page under localhost and
to be able to view the Servlet and JSP Examples?

Appreciate any help.

Richard.

Looking for last minute shopping deals?