tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Justin Vassallo" <justin.vassa...@entropay.com>
Subject RE: building mod_jk failing
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 08:17:12 GMT
Hello Rainer,

Thank you.

I have deleted my Apache and connector, re-dlded and rebuilt from source.
Same issue. I am attaching a full output for reference.

I am using httpd-2.2.8, but the connector only has sub-folders for 1.3 and
2.0. Could this be an issue?

Rgds
Justin

-----Original Message-----
From: Rainer Jung [mailto:rainer.jung@kippdata.de]
Sent: 10 March 2008 21:51
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: building mod_jk failing

Hi Justin,

Justin Vassallo schrieb:
> Thank you that helped. I got gnumake installed and configure worked fine.
> (had to chmod 700 configure and scripts/build/instdso.sh)

No, I think you are still using the wrong source download. In the tar.gz
download of mod_jk 1.2.26 configure is already executable.

> Now getting this warning, otherwise .so being created ok:
>
> Warning!  dlname not found in

/local/home/ixops3/tomcat-connectors-1.2.26-src/tomcat-connectors-1.2.26-src
> /native/apache-2.0/mod_jk.la.

I did the build myself too on Solaris 10 x86. I get no such warning.

My .la file conta9ins a dlname:

myhost% cat apache-2.0/mod_jk.la
# mod_jk.la - a libtool library file
# Generated by ltmain.sh - GNU libtool 1.5.22 (1.1220.2.365 2005/12/18
22:14:06)
#
# Please DO NOT delete this file!
# It is necessary for linking the library.

# The name that we can dlopen(3).
dlname='mod_jk.so'

> However, apache is not liking it...
> httpd: Syntax error on line 412 of
> /local/apache/apache2.2.8/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load
> /local/apache/apache2.2.8/modules/mod_jk.so into server: ld.so.1: httpd:
> fatal: /local/apache/apache2.2.8/modules/mod_jk.so: wrong ELF data format:
> ELFDATA2MSB

It does load my file and the file command tells me, that m module is a

myhost% file apache-2.0/mod_jk.so
apache-2.0/mod_jk.so:   ELF 32-bit LSB dynamic lib 80386 Version 1,
dynamically linked, not stripped

I first build httpd with

./configure --with-included-apr --prefix=/my/install/dir --enable-so
--enable-modules=all --enable-mods-shared=all

Before calling configure I set the env var MAKE to gmake.

After building and installing Apache httpd, I added the lib directory of
httpd and /usr/sfw/lib to LD_LIBRARY_PATH:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/my/install/dir/lib:/usr/sfw/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

and then I do

./configure --with-apxs=/my/install/dir/bin/apxs

inside the mod_jk native directory and then gmake and gmake install.
That's it. No errors.

> Thanks - j
> PS - it was Re since I had posted this before I became a user, and
forwarded
> once I joined

Regards,

Rainer