tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Richard Buck" <>
Subject Regression with servlet mapping
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 16:20:50 GMT
my application maps a servlet like this:

The servlet serves files from the file system, and is invoked by appending
the path to the file on disc to the servlet base url, thus:

Under tomcat 6.0.9 this works just fine - the servlet is invoked and the
path info part of the URL comes through as expected. Under tomcat
6.0.14this doesn't work whenever the filename contains a backslash -
the servlet
is not invoked at all, and instead a blank page (not html - just empty data)
is returned. It makes no difference if I manually escape the backslash in
the URL or let the browser do it - the result is the same.

Anyone else seeing this? What changed between 6.0.9 and 6.0.14?

Many thanks,