tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mindaugas Žakšauskas" <min...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat Locking Up?
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 12:01:35 GMT
Hi,

I think you need to make sure this is Tomcat's fault first. The best
way to do this is to set up JMX console and keep monitoring it so you
can see how much memory is allocated/used, same for CPU, threads,
sockets, etc. Maybe you're running out of resources?

We run 5.5 Tomcat on websites having high load and the uptime is at
least a few months.

If nothing helps, profiling is your best friend...not sure if you can
do this by yourself, but I'd go this direction. Anyway, I tend to
doubt that such a trivial and critical bug as yours would not be
noticed.

m.