tomcat-users mailing list archives

From AH NF <inter...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: totally confused! deploy & redeploy the ROOT context via manager app and/or ant
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 20:33:40 GMT
Hi all,
Ok so I have my ROOT.war and "/" host all working as I would like.

I startup tomcat with no application defined, and go to /manager. I
upload my ROOT.war file,tomcat places it in myAppBase/ROOT as
expected. The application boots
up OK.

My only problem is that Tomcat appears to actually be booting my
application from TOMCAT_HOME/temp/0-ROOT rather than myAppBase/ROOT, I
can tell because
my application reports to a log file the real path of the document root.

Why is it doing this and how can I get tomcat to ensure it is running
my app out of myAppBase/ROOT and not TOMCAT_HOME/temp/0-ROOT?

If I undeploy that application everything is deleted out of myAppBase/
as expected
but the temp/0-ROOT app still exists. I then re-upload the same WAR
and it repeats
the process except this time there is a new temp/1-ROOT folder and
tomcat runs
out of memory and crashes (maybe trying to load 0-ROOT & 1-ROOT)