tomcat-users mailing list archives

From James Ellis <ellisj...@hotmail.com>
Subject Tomcat and Apache mod_jk For Failover
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 18:57:11 GMT

I am trying to set up a cluster of Tomcat servers where they replicate session btwn the tomcat
servers. My questions are:

1) For failover, if I am using apache/mod_jk as a load balancer, will it automatically detect
if one of the members in the cluster is down and not route requests to it?

2) Are there any issues assoicated with SSL and apache as the load balancer?

3) Are there performance gains by using Apache/mod_jk as the load balancer, or should I just
use another Tomcat instance and the "balancer" web app?

Thanks,Jim