tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Natasha Wright <>
Subject Servlet Openning as file download
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 10:04:31 GMT

From: toish100@hotmail.comTo: users@tomcat.apache.orgSubject: Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 10:00:53

HiI am running tomcat 5.5 on windows XP; I am attempting to run a servletas a html form action:<form
method="POST" action="BeerSelect"><input type="SUBMIT"></form>When I click
on the submit button a file download box appears where Ican 'save' the file "BeerSelect" as
opposed to routing to the html page I createwithin the servlet class.  I've used tomcat before
& have neverencountered this problem before & it does not seem to appear on anyforumMy
web.xml contains the following:<web-app xmlns=""    xmlns:xsi=""
   version="2.4"><servlet>            <servlet-name>Ch3Beer</servlet-name>
           <servlet-name>Ch3Beer</servlet-name>            <url-pattern>/BeerSelect</url-pattern></servlet-mapping></web-app>Any
light anyone could shed on this would be much appreciated.Natasha Wright