tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Natasha Wright <toish...@hotmail.com>
Subject Servlet Openning as file download
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 10:04:31 GMT

From: toish100@hotmail.comTo: users@tomcat.apache.orgSubject: Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 10:00:53
+0000

HiI am running tomcat 5.5 on windows XP; I am attempting to run a servletas a html form action:<form
method="POST" action="BeerSelect"><input type="SUBMIT"></form>When I click
on the submit button a file download box appears where Ican 'save' the file "BeerSelect" as
opposed to routing to the html page I createwithin the servlet class.  I've used tomcat before
& have neverencountered this problem before & it does not seem to appear on anyforumMy
web.xml contains the following:<web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"    xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
   xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2eehttp://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd"
   version="2.4"><servlet>            <servlet-name>Ch3Beer</servlet-name>
           <servlet-class>com.example.web.BeerSelect</servlet-class></servlet><servlet-mapping>
           <servlet-name>Ch3Beer</servlet-name>            <url-pattern>/BeerSelect</url-pattern></servlet-mapping></web-app>Any
light anyone could shed on this would be much appreciated.Natasha Wright