tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Terence Kent <tk...@xetus.com>
Subject Re: servlet mapping question(I believe)
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 06:40:05 GMT

On Feb 3, 2008, at 10:58 AM, Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
Konstanin,

Thank you for your response! Below are responses to your statements...
>>   "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd">
>
> Why are you using such an old version of specification? Why not 2.4
> or 2.5??
I think my question was malformed. I read the 2.4 specification from
sun, I have no idea which I'm actually using.

> Nowadays, with tomcat 5.5 and 6.0 it is very rare (and discouraged) to
> configure context in server.xml.

This makes sense, I'll change this configuration.

> For the root application it is sufficient to name it "ROOT" (in upper
> case) and place it into webapps folder.

In my case I have multiple applications in the webapps folder, so
which to name to root is ambiguous. Is it acceptable to have multiple
applications in a webapps folder,  with base directories such as:

webapps/app1
webapps/app2

All sharing the same appBase, but each having a different docBase?

Thanks again for your response.

Terence.