tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Neha Agrawal <nehav...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: Why Tomcat take about 15 minutes to start?
Date Mon, 18 Feb 2008 21:13:57 GMT
Hi!
    i tried two things to improve the startup time for
my Tomcat5.5.25 versio ncompiled with native
libraries:

1)Djava.security.egd=file:/dev/urandom added this to
the Startup script of Tomcat
2) and also compiled APR with /dev/urandom and again
compiled Native libraries

Still it takes 12 minutes to restart tomcat:

Catalina.out shows that it takes a Long time to
Initialize (For 12 minutes, it stops after
initializing the Coyote engine for 8180 port)

What are possible solutions ?

thanks
neha

--- Christopher Schultz <chris@christopherschultz.net>