tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alan Chaney <a...@compulsivecreative.com>
Subject Re: Does tomcat support multicores
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 21:43:53 GMT
XP Home only supports one core - however, that would hardly be an OS for
a production web server (grin)

XP Professional is limited to 2 cpus

I would suspect that the OPs factors were related to IO Bandwidth or
running out of threads as suggested earlier. I've found that a modern
multicore machine doesn't actually spend very much time processing the
Tomcat stuff at all.