tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Adam Gordon <adam.gor...@readytalk.com>
Subject Re: Connection Pooling
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 22:48:32 GMT
Hi, I think you may be confusing the number of allowable processes with
the number of allowable threads.

Per Tomcat's documentation, maxActive refers to the maximum number of DB
connections whereas the Oracle error you are seeing refers to the
maximum number of processes (threads?) which are not necessarily
connections.  It's been too many years since I've worked with Oracle,
let alone 9i, so I can't point you where to look in your config files,
but I suspect that's where the problem may be.

As an aside, the solution is probably not to just up the number of
processes but to determine why Oracle is generating so many (if 150 is
indeed considered "many.").

Hope this helps.

--adam