tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alan Chaney <a...@compulsivecreative.com>
Subject Re: How to make Tomcat do not use /dev/random?
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 14:55:27 GMT
Problems with /dev/random relate to waiting to generate enough entropy
after restart of the OS. Does this slow start up happen only after the
machine has been restarted or does it happen every time Tomcat is
started? If the latter, then it is unlikely to be associated with
/dev/random and much more likely to
be something like an unresolved IP address causing a network timeout.

As Juha suggests, get a thread dump and work out exactly what the
problem is.