tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Abid Hussain <abid.huss...@abid76.de>
Subject Re: multiple webapps on single tomcat?
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 16:42:48 GMT
Thanks for help. So am I right saying that no conflicts between webapps
can occur when
1. using tomcat 5.x...
- all wepapps only use their WEB-INF/lib as directory for libraries and
- none of the webapps uses libraries from $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib
resp. $CATALINA_HOME/shared/lib
2. using tomcat 6...
- none of the webapps uses libraries from $CATALINA_HOME/lib?

Both points are meant except the usage of standard libraries like
servlet-api, jsp-api etc., which are naturally needed by all webapps.

Regards,

Abid

Roland Brassous (SILOGIC) schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> in order to start "Bests practises", i think about these rules...
>
> Libraries
> - Be care of [Tomcat directory]\shared\classes or [Tomcat
> directory]\shared\lib contents
> - Be care of [Tomcat directory]\common\classes, [Tomcat
> directory]\common\classes\endorsed and [Tomcat
> directory]\common\classes\lib contents
> I think about conflict
>
> Context definition
> - Each context are defined in a separate configuration file ( [Tomcat
> directory]\conf\Catalina\localhost\
>
> perhaps is a good start...
>

> Hassan Schroeder a écrit :
>> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 5:46 AM, Abid Hussain <abid.hussain@abid76.de>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>  My question is:
>>>  Is there a "best practice" for running several webapps on a single
>>>  tomcat instance ...
>>>

>> Tomcat is made for this. Install your webapps per the documentation
>> (and Servlet Spec) and they won't "interfere with each other".

Abid Hussain
Mail: abid.hussain@abid76.de
Web: http://www.abid76.de