tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Taner Diler <taner.di...@gmail.com>
Subject configuration of deployer in cluster
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 13:58:48 GMT
Hi all,

I want to deploy war file in vertical cluster.  I'm confused a little
bit with configuration.
I have three clustered tomcats -labeled as  (A,B,C)- in same machine.

I have put the

        <Deployer
className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.deploy.FarmWarDeployer"

watchDir="/home/tdiler/Documents/Tomcat_Clustring_Calisma/deploy/watch"

deployDir="/home/tdiler/Documents/Tomcat_Clustring_Calisma/deploy/deploy"

tempDir="/home/tdiler/Documents/Tomcat_Clustring_Calisma/deploy/temp"
            watchEnabled="true"/>

configuration to only one (A) member in the cluster. This member  (A)
can realize any change in the watchdir and copy the war file to
deployDir.
Feb 25, 2008 10:15:37 AM org.apache.catalina.cluster.deploy.WarWatcher check
INFO: check cluster wars at
/home/tdiler/Documents/Tomcat_Clustring_Calisma/deploy/watch
Feb 25, 2008 10:15:37 AM
org.apache.catalina.cluster.deploy.FarmWarDeployer fileModified
INFO: Installing webapp[/clustering_test-0.0.1] from
/home/tdiler/Documents/Tomcat_Clustring_Calisma/deploy/deploy/clustering_test-0.0.1.war
Feb 25, 2008 10:15:37 AM
org.apache.catalina.cluster.deploy.FarmWarDeployer remove
INFO: Cluster wide remove of web app /clustering_test-0.0.1

But when I list deployed web application in manager module (A member), I
can't see the webapp[/clustering_test-0.0.1].

What should I do to see web application as deployed in all members?

1. Should I copy <Deployer .../> definition to all member in the cluster
and define separate deployDir for each member?
2. Should I define context file -includes docbase that point to war file
in deployDir -  in tomcat5.5/conf/Catalina/localhost ?
3. Should I define context.xml file in META-INF in war file?

Thank You

Taner Diler