tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alan Chaney <a...@compulsivecreative.com>
Subject Re: deploy/undeploy probs with 6.0.14
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2008 17:56:23 GMT
I've seen the following causes:

1. Application not shutting down properly because threads still running.
2. Application holding on to system resources (files, database) (really
another version of 1.)

Try stopping the app using the manager and checking that the log says
that the app is undeployed properly. Then do a kill -3 (if on linux)
to view the stack trace. Or you can use JConsole to look at what threads
are running with JMX.

Regards

Alan