tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Markus Schönhaber <mailing-tomcat-u...@schoenhaber.de>
Subject Re: Why Tomcat take about 15 minutes to start?
Date Sun, 17 Feb 2008 14:33:36 GMT
Mohamed Mohamedin wrote:

> This message "http://readlist.com/lists/tomcat.apache.org/users/9/46003.html" talked
about APR. Which I don't use.

> But I found in the last these lines
> " Anyway: since you've not configured an HTTPS Connector in Tomcat, I
> don't really have an explanation for the slow startup."
>
> I use the default server.xml and it has only this connector:
>    <Connector port="8080" protocol="HTTP/1.1"
>                connectionTimeout="20000"
>                redirectPort="8443" />
> So is really my problem has no explanation?

There's almost certainly an explanation for the problem you're seeing.
But I simply don't know which.

Here are some things which are IMO worth trying:
- Download an official Tomcat package from http://tomcat.apache.org
(preferably the latest 6.0.x) and check if that shows the same behaviour.
- Post the complete log of Tomcat's startup sequence. Maybe someone can
spot something odd.
- Increase Tomcat's logging verbosity if the normal log provides no
useful info.
- Hope that Chuck chimes in and comes up with his insightful advice how
to track down what's happening and how to solve the problem.

Regards
  mks