tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Hawkins <pe...@jxProject.com>
Subject Tomcat 6; getting logging to work
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2008 23:15:58 GMT
Hello,

I am working to upgrade my installation from tomcat 5 to tomcat 6.  I am
using tomcat 6 via netbeans.

I want to view/enable logging for my jsp web app.  However, I am
confused by what I have read so far in the instructions and FAQ.  Via
Google I have found several people with tomcat 6 logging
questions/problems but no responses/solutions posted.  I have searched
the mail archives, no luck.  Thus, I am here.

Basically, I would like to enable logging for my JSP app.  How do I do it?

Is it the same procedure for tomcat 5.5 and 6.0?
Do I need to rebuild tomcat with log4j to get ANY logging?
Where is the catalina.out file?  I can't find it anyplace, but I see it
being discussed.
How do I direct the stdout logging to a file with Tomcat 6.

Thanks,

Pete