tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Diego Manilla Suárez <diego.mani...@xeridia.com>
Subject Make two authentication schemes coexist on the same app
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:09:06 GMT
Hi. I have a web app with standard form authentication and a custom
JDBCRealm. Now, I need to enable client certificate authentication, and
be able to use both authentication mechanisms (certificates when the
user sends them, and standard login form when he doesn't).

I don't know if this is even possible. I think I can validate the user's
certificates when he tries to access a secure area using a Filter, but I
have no way to set the Principal on the CoyoteRequestFacade (since the
facade prevents me from using the setUserPrincipal present on
CoyoteRequest).

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.