tomcat-users mailing list archives

From S├ębastien Piller <>
Subject Make Tomcat not clean directory on new deployment
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 08:44:23 GMT
Hello people,

First, I would like to thank you all for your work on this great
project. Tomcat is, was, and will be my favourite webapp server from a
long time ;)

I never need to do a lot with its internal configuration, but now I'm
asking myself if the following stuff could be done:

I have an "upload" directory in my app. Users send us some files
(pictures and swf) and I put them in this directory.

But when I make some update of my webapp, I deploy a .war file. But
*this one doesn't have all the images* that were previously on the server!

Is it possible to tell Tomcat not to clean the webapp directory when a
war file is deployed?

Thank you vm ;)

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail: