tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: catalina.out is not reloading
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 05:38:09 GMT
Then you should modify the startup script to handle renaming or deleting
the old file before starting tomcat.  Catalina.out itself is just the
redirected standard output from tomcat and tomcat has no control over
what the OS does with what it spews out.

As a better alternative, configure your favorite logging framework to
provide rolling log files.  There are lots of messages in the archives
regarding log4j and dealing with the classloader system in tomcat if you
want to go that direction.

--David