tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jan Mönnich <moenn...@dfn-cert.de>
Subject Password Input on Tomcat Startup
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 10:30:21 GMT
Hi folks,

we have a very sensitive webapp that requires the input of a password
when the tomcat server starts. We don't want to store this password
in a file. One way we've already tested could be the use of a JDialog
with a JPasswordField that is shown in the init() method of a servlet
(<load-on-startup>1). Unfortunately this requires our server to run
X11... :-(

Is there any (hidden) way to input this password on the terminal
tomcat was started from?

Thanks in advance for any idea!
Jan

--
Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Jan Mönnich, PKI Team
Phone: +49 40 808077-632, Fax: +49 40 808077-556, moennich@dfn-cert.de

DFN-CERT Services GmbH, https://www.dfn-cert.de, Phone +49 40 808077-555
Sitz / Register: Hamburg, AG Hamburg, HRB 88805, Ust-IdNr.: DE 232129737
Sachsenstraße 5, 20097 Hamburg/Germany, CEO: Dr. Klaus-Peter Kossakowski

15 Jahre DFN-CERT + 15. DFN-Workshop "Sicherheit in vernetzten Systemen"
am 13./14. Februar 2008 im CCH Hamburg - https://www.dfn-cert.de/ws2008/