tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Delbecq <delbd+jaka...@oma.be>
Subject Re: How to avoid session fixation?
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 10:03:02 GMT
I think this is worth submitting a security issue request on tracker, to
ask that, at least, the container links the requester IP to the session.
Changing session ID upon login in container would be a good thing imho,
it would ensure ID become unknown to attacker after login, wouldn't
destroy user session (keep session, only change it's identifier) and
would work whatever authentification mecanism is used. Draw back is that
webapp that rely on session id for some session tracking mecanism would
break.

btw, you hack is limited to form based authentification, i successfully
"shared" an authentificated session on tomcat 5.5.7 using http basic
authentification. One of computer had access to secured ressouce
whithout ever being prompted for user/pass

En l'instant précis du 08/02/08 10:49, Christoph Lenggenhager
s'exprimait en ces termes:

http://www.devlog.be (a belgian developer's logs)