tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Murthy Chelankuri <kmurt...@gmail.com>
Subject problem with HttpSessionBindListner
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2008 08:22:59 GMT

    I am using the HttpSessionBindListner to notify the session events (
to know when the user loged in, logout or session timeout). This was
worked fine in resin. With tomcat6 when we stop the tomcat the listner
is notifying the unbound event. Once we start the tomcat the previous
user sessions ( i.e sessions before stoping the tomcat) are still valid.
This is because of tomcat persisting the sessions info  in a persistent
storage  ( might be  a file in the work directory).   But at the
startup  its not notifying any events  for the valid sessions .

Is there any way to know about the valid sessions at the startup of the
tomcat?.

Thanks,
Murthy