tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: "Putting java packages as web applications on tomcat"
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 16:55:20 GMT
No, tomcat doesn't only deply .war files.  It can also deploy an
expanded web application as long as the layout conforms to the spec.
Regarding the OPs original question, the servlet spec is the best place
for the info.

http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr154/index.html

--David

David Brown wrote:

>Tomcat only deploys (dot).war files. Or if you want to manually deploy you can create
the application directory yourself under the Tomcat webapps directory and upzip the (dot).war
or populate the directory structure with the right classes, jars, html and jsp yourself:

>TOMCAT_HOME\webapps\yourwebapp\WEB-INF\classes\lib
>
>There's more: you need to take a look at the tomcat.jarakta.apache.org doco.
>
>where TOMCAT_HOME may or may not be an environment variable depending on platform that
is the root of the Tomcat installation. HTH.