tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <>
Subject Re: in Tomcat container-based authN is there a way to redirect logins to a URL?
Date Thu, 07 Feb 2008 16:01:09 GMT

Gary Weaver wrote:
| I get the following error, because those two page elements are relative
| to the webapp and not to the host part of the URL:
|  HTTP Status 404 - /caladmin/Shibboleth.sso/Login

Yeah, the spec says:

"The form-login-page element defines the location in the web
~    app where the page that can be used for login can be
~    found.  The path begins with a leading / and is interpreted
~    relative to the root of the WAR."

Okay, there's one more trick you can try. Keep the form-login-config the
way you have it in web.xml and add a filter (which may not work,
either). Write a filter that always redirects to "/Shibboleth.sso/Login"
(without adding the webapp's context path) no matter what, and install
it so that it intercepts requests to "/Shibboleth.sso/Login" (which will
include the context path).

If it works, it will take a request to /caladmin/Shibboleth.sso/Login
(which is what Tomcat's authenticator generates) and perform a redirtect
to the URL that you really want.

A little hack-y, but it might work.

Another non-filter option would be to create a JSP for the login that
performs the redirect. That might be a bit cleaner because the logic
will be easier to follow (rather than having to simply know that there's
a filter out there doing evil things).

Hope that helps,
- -chris

Version: GnuPG v1.4.8 (MingW32)