tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: javaee.jar) - jar not loaded. See Servlet Spec 2.3, section 9.7.2. Offending class: javax/servlet/Servlet.class
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2008 23:58:32 GMT
You're trying to mix a j2ee library with tomcat and that just doesn't
work.  Consider javaee.jar to be "everything including the kichen sink"
-- lots and lots of packages all in one jar file.  Some of the things
that javaee.jar provides are already provided in tomcat and you can't
have two of the same class in the classloader hierarchy.  If your target
container is tomcat, drop the javaee.jar from your project then add back
in stuff that's missing using individual package implementations.
Google is your friend and you should be able to find jars to replace all
the missing functionality.

--David