tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: StandardContext start,SEVERE: Error filterStart When Including HttpServletRequestWrapper in Filter in 6.0.14
Date Sat, 02 Feb 2008 22:55:43 GMT
Well, I was certain it had to be the difference in the JDKs causing it, but after compiling
the filter with the Sun JDK, the same exception is still present.  The localhost log has this:

SEVERE: Exception starting filter testFilter
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: test/filter/TestFilter$1
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2389)

So for some reason it does not see the filter after I add this code:

		HttpServletRequestWrapper wrapper =
			new HttpServletRequestWrapper((HttpServletRequest)servletRequest)
			{
			   public java.lang.String getParameter(java.lang.String name)
			   {
			      if ("foo".equals(name))
			      {
			         return "bar";
			      }
			      else
			      {
			         return super.getParameter(name);
			      }
			   }
			};

Without this code the filter runs fine.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
- Ole